- I must confess that I was quite disillusioned when I found out that Carl Elder was not really our Sheriff. All my life he has been our own "Sheriff Andy Griffith." Therefore, I want to share my HERO story about Sheriff Carl Elder.
- When I was a mere two years old I had become very sick with what was thought to be a cold. Louise Holly came to see my Mom and saw how sick I was. My temperature was almost 105 degrees. I was not breathing well at all.
- Sheriff Elder was brought to our home to see if he could help. Sheriff Elder put my Mom, Mrs. Holly, and myself in his truck immediately and headed off to St. Mary's Hospital. My Mother said he was driving like "a bat out of Hell". She also said she was a little scared that we might not get there alive. Louise Holly was breathing for me.
- When I got there I was turning blue. They put me in a tub of ice water to bring down my temperate. Well, it worked and a long ordeal made short, they saved my life that day.
- Sheriff Carl Elder and Louise Holly will always be my Heroes. Furthermore, Sheriff Carl Elder will always be a Sheriff in my eyes. Thank you Sheriff Carl Elder and Louise Holly for all you did.
[NOTE: Check out the picture above. Perhaps it's not so wrong to call him Sheriff Carl.]